Forum  Discussions  General  Bewildered
Disabled Previous

Next Next
New Post 11/25/2008 2:19 AM
  anonymous
0 posts
No Ranking

Bewildered 

I agree that a landscape without wind turbines is preferable but I think the need for green energy sources is overwhelming.  I also think that beauty spots like the Dales should be leading the way in pushing for renewable energy. To me the turbines actually look quite graceful and they are vastly preferable to the alternatives of coal fired stations and global warming.  In my opinion a few silent turbines are a much better option than the overt climate changes we are already experiencing with the milder winters and wetter summers and the hardships they impose on farmers and the Dales landscape.  What right do we have to clamour for greener energy if we are not prepared to do our bit?  The turbines don't look bad and will help preserve our beautiful Dales for the generations to follow; we certainly have the wind to power them.  To say “We support energy saving and a wide range of renewable energy technologies“, but to fight against the introduction of them in our area seems very disingenuous.  To suggest that we should refuse to build such stations just because they don’t function 100% of the time is naive at best.  These stations do provide valuable amounts of energy when the wind does blow and no-one in Yorkshire would deny that the wind blows quite often!  Any effort we can take to reduce the load on coal-fired stations is worth taking.  Ultimately it may be possible to introduce renewable energy generators in alternate locations but for now this one is ready to go.  To fight to prevent this is only to delay the introduction of a clean energy source, a delay that will benefit neither our children nor the Dales. 

Dr Alan Roberts
Environmental Biologist

Disabled Previous

Next Next
  Forum  Discussions  General  Bewildered

Terms Of Use | Privacy Statement Copyright 2015 Friends Of Craven Landscape